Please follow the procedure below to uninstall (delete) Digital Photo Professional Ver. 4.x and then reinstall the software.
Please exit any open applications before uninstalling Digital Photo Professional 4.x.
Uninstalling (Deleting) Digital Photo Professional Ver.4.x
1. Click the
) button, select
[Windows System] and then select
If [All apps] appears when you click the [Start] button, select [All apps] -> [Windows System] -> [Control Panel].
2. Click [Uninstall a program*] in the [Control Panel].
*If the display style is [Large Icons] or [Small Icons], click [Programs and Features].
[Canon Utilities Digital Photo Professional 4], and then click
4. When the dialog box appearing in the example image below is displayed, click [OK] to start uninstalling Digital Photo Professional 4.
5. When the uninstallation is finished, a dialog box similar to the one in the example image below will be displayed.
Click [OK] to close the window.
This completes the procedure for uninstalling Digital Photo Professional Ver.4.x.
Reinstalling Digital Photo Professional Ver.4.x from Downloaded EOS Digital Solution Disk Software
1. After uninstalling Digital Photo Professional Ver. 4.x using the procedure above, please restart your computer.
To prevent possible operational problems, make sure to restart your computer after uninstalling Digital Photo Professional Ver. 4.x.
Reinstalling the software without restarting your computer first may cause operational problems to occur.
2. Right-click the downloaded file and select [Extract All].
3. Follow the instructions on the screens to unzip the files. Double-click [setup.exe] in the generated folder.
- Since you need to be able to connect to the Internet, connection fees or communication fees from your provider apply.
- When performing installations/deinstallations, please log on to the computer as an Administrator.
Depending on the computer being used, a security warning screen might be displayed. In this case, click [Run] to proceed to the next step.
4. Select the area in which you live.
5. Select the country where you live, and then click [Next].
6. If a language setting screen appears, select the desired language from the options displayed.
7. Click [Custom Installation].
8. Click [OK] when the following window appears.
9. In the [Software to be installed] window, select
[Digital Photo Professional 4] (
), and then click
10. Confirm that [Digital Photo Professional 4] has been selected, then click [Install].
11. Click [Yes] to accept the License Agreement.
In some cases, the [User Account Control] screen may appear. In this case, please click [Yes] and proceed with installation.
13. When the installation has completed, 'Installation has completed successfully' appears. Click [Next].
14. The following screen is displayed. Select
[No, I will register later.], and then click
To register your camera on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, click [Yes, I would.].
This completes the procedure for reinstalling Digital Photo Professional 4.x.